As promised, here is the ladies edition of stocking stuffer ideas! To me, a great stocking is both practical and thoughtful, with room for a funny gag gift here and there. Here are my top picks for the ladies in your life!
1. A tablet stand to prop up her Ipad in the kitchen when she is reading recipes or watching TV on it.
2. A new bottle of perfume in a lovely light floral scent to remind her of the impending Spring.
3. Kitchen tools to feed her cooking and baking addiction.
4. Or these, for when she gets her Southern Belle on.
5. Reindeer Noses, because no stocking is complete without a sweet treat.
6. Beautiful measuring spoons.
7. A new razor.
9. New socks
11. Cocktail Chit Chat Cards to spark great conversation at your next party.
12. A pretty bauble for the tip of her stocking, like these lovely Kate Spade pearl earrings.
This sums up The Gallivant's gift guides for this year! For inspiration on what to get your guy for don't miss this post and this post, and for more inspiration on gifts for gals be sure to check out this post!
A few quick thoughts on gift giving....Gifting is a really fun part of Christmas time, especially for someone like me whose love language is totally giving gifts to the people they love. That being said, it is so easy to get sucked into the materialism vortex and forget the what this season is all about, as well as the spirit behind gifting in the first place. While I obviously had fun putting together our gift guides, I don't at all think that we need to spend loads of money at this time of year on gifts. To me, a meaningful gift simply says, "I love you so I thought of you, and this is something I hope will bring you joy." A gift like that doesn't need to be expensive at all--it could be a letter to someone you love about how much they mean to you, a stocking full of reasons why someone makes you laugh and brings joy to your life, an album filled with sweet memories that you share with the person you love. Get creative and have fun with it! Last year John painted the two bedrooms in the apartment that we were about to move into as my Christmas present and now whenever I sit at our desk, or wake up in our lovely Palladian Blue bedroom I think of that sweet and simple act and it means the world. At the end of the day, Christmas isn't about the gifts and Santa--it is about the birth of Jesus--and He is always enough.
P.S. Like what you are reading? Go ahead and subscribe by entering your email address into the form on the left-hand side of this page so that you never miss a post! Or, you can follow me on Bloglovin. Also, follow along with The Gallivant on pinterest, instagram, and Twitter!