Its Monday. Are you going to slide into this week or seize it? Let's seize it. Wake up earlier, work a little harder, eat healthy, claim your peace. Friday will come when it comes.
Here is a banging recipe to start Monday on a delicious note....
Easy (and better than take-out) Pad Thai
Pad Thai may seem ambitious for a monday night but let me tell you...this is so easy, and so worth it. It's comfort food with a twist. Its exciting and different and reminds you of those nights that you have spent sitting with friends over Thai take-out with glasses of wine and dishing. Or, alternatively, you can enjoy with your husband in front of season 2 of House of Cards and almost fall out off the couch into your plates when you-know-who pushes you-know-who into the you-know-what...am I right?!!
4 Tbsp. Canola Oil
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
3 Shallots, thinly sliced
8 oz Chicken (around 2 breasts), sliced
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 pkg Pad Thai noodles (cooked, drained, and rinsed)
1 cup fresh bean sprouts
1 cup chopped red and green cabbage and carrots (cole slaw mix)
1/3 cup roasted peanuts (crushed)
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp fish sauce
1.5 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp white sugar
dash of sriracha
1. Sauté shallots and garlic in large frying pan or wok, until softened
2. Add chicken, cook until cooked all the way through and slightly browned. Set aside
3. Scramble eggs in pan
4. Add noodles, coleslaw mix, chicken and shallots, and sauce.
5. Toss in pan for another 5-7 minutes until mixed together and cabbage has softened slightly.
6. MIx in peanuts and sprouts, toss for another 2-3 minutes.
7. Enjoy! We had a side of kale with ours, which added extra yumminess and veggies.