Happy Friday everyone! I was reading the intro to The Art of French Cooking earlier this week, and I just loved that quote! So true for beginner cooks, or cooks who just don't know how great they are! Julia Child's classic makes such a great gift! If you don't already own it than click the picture to grab it for yourself or a loved one.
What are you up to this weekend? Two of our favorite men are visiting us, my brother Blair and our great friend Danny, so we have some fun stuff planned to do with them including a little beach time, downtown Pensy, and maybe checking out the Naval Aviation Museum on base.
Here are some lovely links from around the web this week:
- My friend Nate's band, Doctors and Lawyers, was featured on the latest mixtape from Mercedes Benz with their single Running Around You. I am diggin the surf pop vibes. Check it out for some easy listening.
- This little girl is too cute.
- I absolutely cannot wait till Oh Joy for Target releases on Sunday! I am totally going to stock up on fun party supplies. Party hats? Cute banners? Water goblets? Done.
- BBC thinks that the average person has only read 6 books off of this list. Take the quiz to find out how many you have read! I've read 26, but I think I want to challenge myself to finish the list asap.
- I am about to make this soup for lunch. Looks so yummy!
- My brother and I got our history nerd on last night and started the John Adams HBO miniseries. I know we are behind the curve on this one, but it is so good. Watch it on HBO Go, or buy it on Amazon here.
- Did you know there was a desert in England? I didn't!
- J. Crew has great swimsuits right now, just in time for spring break! I am eyeing this bikini and this rockin' one piece.
Have the best weekend Everyone, and thanks for stopping by!