Happy Monday! Mother's Day is just a week away, (next Sunday!) and I am sure that I am not the only one narrowing down my gift options today...I don't know about your mom, but both my mom and my mother-in-law can be hard to shop for because they have pretty much everything they need, and we all know that some gifts, no matter how thoughtful, can quickly turn into clutter. That being said, I love, love, love giving presents, so I came up with a little list of thoughtful (I hope) ideas for anyone who is still stumped about how to show their appreciation for their mamas!
1. A lovely vase---filled with beautiful fresh flowers, of course.
2. Pretty, yet functional, gardening tools.
3. A stand-alone milk frother for making easy lattés.
4. A candle that doubles as a sculptural objét for a coffee table.
5. Favorite new cookbook!
6. A recipe box for her most often requested recipes.
7. A new whistling tea kettle (because so much of your childhood was spent around the kitchen island sipping tea and chatting with your mom and her best friends, who also serve as your "other mothers" and deserve a shout-out on Mother's day too)
8. Non-negotiable: A beautiful card
I just want to say--John and I have both been blessed with heroic moms, and they deserve to hear that every day, not just on Mother's Day. We love you guys!
Also, The Gallivant is now on FB! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate all of you who have been reading this blog--it means the world. If you don't mind, would you consider liking and then sharing The Gallivant page on Facebook? Facebook is an exciting new way for The Gallivant to grow, and I would love for you to be a part of it.
P.S. Like what you are reading? Go ahead and subscribe by entering your email address into the form on the left-hand side of this page so that you never miss a post! Or, you can follow me on Bloglovin. Also, follow along with The Gallivant on pinterest, instagram, and Twitter!