Memorial Day Weekend is almost here--woohoo! I am headed up to DC today for a girls weekend with my best friends from college, and we have all kinds of fun stuff planned. It's supposed to be hot in the city this weekend, so I am excited to spend some time outside, drink mimosas, explore some new places in DC, and soak up as much time as I can with some of my favorite ladies. We'll be snapping and 'gramming away I'm sure--you can follow along @evr_thegallivant and epv8432 (snapchat) if you would like!
The best part about a long weekend is that...it's long! Sunday I'm headed back down to Norfolk and I can't wait to have some downtime with John and Pensy on Monday. Pensy has been feeling slightly under the weather, so aside from a lie-in and late breakfast, there will be puppy snuggles galore. (Queue the heart eyes emoji.)
What are you all up to this weekend? Weekend Links are back, so if you are looking to do some perusing in your spare time here are a few things that have caught my eye recently.
- One of our joint goal this year is to host some kind of gathering in our home each month! I will for sure be employing these tips from here on out!
- I tested out this packing method on a mini scale for my trip this weekend.
- This is perfect.
- Blake Lively completely killed it style-wise at Cannes. Have you seen her outfits?
- After both my best friend and my brother's girlfriend (both of whom look great) raved about this program, I knew I had to try it out. Fast forward a month...I'm addicted! The program is easy to follow and the workouts are concise but tough. I am loving the burn!
- My friend Melissa started this awesome blog a couple of months ago that gives the reader some really cool perspective into different careers. I'm always curious about the nitty gritty details of other peoples jobs, so I've found these interviews fascinating. Definitely a great read, especially if you are looking for a job or thinking about switching careers!
- John and I just started using this app and it is completely streamlining our task lists. I love that we can share our lists with each other and actually check boxes to make sure we cover everything. No more forgotten eggs at the grocery store!
Have a lovely long weekend and don't forget to take some time and remember all those who have lost their lives serving our country. Happy Memorial Day!