All the talk of the snow up North has put me in a Wintry mood, so last week I whipped together this yummy soup and pretended it was a snow day. I love cauliflower soup, (I really love all soup) but sometimes it can be a bit boring, unless it's loaded with cream and butter. Well, seeing as bikini season is around the corner down here in Pensy, I went ahead and skipped the butter and cream but added a different cheeky ingredient to boost richness and flavor: sherry! It adds a depth to the soup that just kicks it up and makes it feel a little decadent. Check out the recipe below, grab all your ingredients, and see for yourself!
The Gallivant's Skinny Cauliflower Soup
2 12oz bags of frozen cauliflower
4 cups of chicken broth
1/2 cup water
1 minced white onion
1 minced shallot
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup Sherry
1. Cook cauliflower according to instructions on bag, save saucepan
2. Saute the onion and shallot in olive oil until softened and fragrant
3. Put all ingredients except sherry in blender and blend until smooth (or just shy of smooth if you like a few chunks)
4. Pour into saucepan that you cooked cauliflower in, add sherry, and heat on medium heat until just beginning to bubble, stirring every once in a while.
5. Pour into mugs and enjoy by a roaring fire (Lap top fires count)
PS. HOW BOUT THOSE PATS?! Did you watch? Most exciting 4 minutes of football I have seen in a while.
P.S. Like what you are reading? Go ahead and subscribe by entering your email address into the form on the left-hand side of this page so that you never miss a post! Or, you can follow me on Bloglovin. Also, follow along with The Gallivant on pinterest, instagram, and Twitter!